Whether you are expanding into a new market, moving your work force, or dealing with a maze of foreign and international regulations, you will need a team of professionals who understand the complexities and subtleties of the many political, business, and legislative factors involved.
With more than a century's experience, Lavery continues to expand its horizons, seizing national, cross-border, and international business opportunities. With more than 200 lawyers and alliances with other law firms across Canada, Lavery will guide you every step of the way in settling or investing in Canada (if you are a foreign investor) or formulating a strategy and negotiating with foreign partners (if you are a Canadian entrepreneur aiming to penetrate new international markets).
Many of Lavery's lawyers are internationally renowned in fields such as international negotiation, commercial law, financing, taxation, and franchising and distribution. They have an extensive network of key contacts, and their expertise regularly earns them a place in prestigious legal directories.
With partners such as Pierre Marc Johnson, former premier of Quebec, counsel at Lavery, and negotiator of the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), you can be assured that our professionals will satisfy your needs and successfully conclude your business initiatives.
- Negotiate the Canada-U.S. softwood lumber agreement
- Negotiate the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA
- Advise the Canadian government in the negotiation of environmental treaties and advise secretariats of the United Nations regarding those treaties
- On behalf of their manager, create and set up five private equity infrastructure funds in Canada, the United States, and the Cayman Islands and raise funds in the Canadian, U.S., European, and Asian markets
- On behalf of their manager, create and set up two venture capital funds in Canada and Guernesey Island specialized in social media, e-commerce, video games, and mobile apps and raise funds in the Canadian and European markets
- Represent a venture capital fund and private investors in the acquisition of interest in companies in North America and Europe specialized in social media, digital media, video games, nutricosmetics, cosmetics, and software
- Advise Canadian franchisers in the expansion of their franchise network in the United States, Europe, and Africa
- Set up a Swiss-based international consortium between a Quebec crown corporation, Quebec and American universities, a French research organization, and a German company for the purpose of commercializing a technology
- Negotiate and draft agreements regarding equipment and materials loans, technology transfers, and research and development for a French subsidiary of a Quebec company and of an organization commercializing the French technology