Charles Olivier Thibeault is a member of the Health law group. He primarily assists institutions and organizations in Québec’s health and social services network with various legal issues related to their activities.
Mr. Thibeault has broad and diversified experience with legal issues related to the administration of Québec’s health care institutions. He focuses his practice on the internal management and organization of institutions from both an administrative and a clinical perspective. He also advises institutions with regard to the handling of complaints, intermediate resources, family-type resources, medical affairs, access to information and the protection of personal information, as well as the drafting and negotiation of contracts.
Mr. Thibeault has been a member of the Barreau du Québec since 2004. In 2009, he was also awarded a master's degree in health services administration by Université de Montréal, and he is a member of the Ordre des administrateurs agréés du Québec. Before joining Lavery, he worked in the health law group of the Montréal office of a large Canadian law firm for four years. Prior to that, he served as in-house counsel to the general management of a health care institution.
- Advise and assist discipline committees, councils of physicians, dentists and pharmacists, and boards of directors in the investigation of complaints against doctors and the imposition of disciplinary sanctions
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts for the housing of elderly people and people with mental health problems
- Draft, review, and negotiate service and supply agreements and tender documents
- Advise and represent clients before the courts regarding access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information
- Advise and represent clients before the courts in matters involving the issuance of court orders for confinement in an institution and authorization to treat
- Draft and review policies and procedures
- Advise and assist an institution opening a community pharmacy
- Draft a hospital's application to be designated an "affiliated university centre"
- Advise and assist an institution in a police investigation involving its employees
- M.Sc. (health services administration), Université de Montréal, 2009
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2002
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Ordre des administrateurs agréés du Québec