Marie-Josée Hétu is the Managing Partner of the Trois-Rivières office who focuses and devotes her practice to the fields of labour law, labour relations as well as occupational health and safety. She handles cases involving grievance and dispute arbitration, collective bargaining and individual labour relations.
Ms. Hétu is also keenly interested in issues related to human rights, privacy, and workers’ compensation. She advises medium and large businesses and acts for both private and public sector clients.
Over the years, Ms. Hétu has often acted as employer spokesperson in collective bargaining and advised employers on planning the negotiation and developing the strategy.
In addition to her professional activities, Ms. Hétu is active in various organizations. She is also President of the regional committee of the Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés du Québec representing the Mauricie region. The mandate of this committee is to promote the role of human resource management professionals in the region and the interests of the region within the Ordre.
For several years, Ms. Hétu was a lecturer in the Administration faculty at Université de Sherbrooke.
After practising for twenty years at another major law firm, Ms. Hétu joined Lavery’s Trois-Rivières team on March 1, 2014.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada in the field of Labour and Employment Law, 2022
- The Canadian Legal LEXPERT® Directory in the field of Labour relations and Employment Law, since 2019
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 1991
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Executive Committee of the firm (Lavery Lawyers)
- Certified Industrial Relations Counsellor (CIRC)
- Commissioner of the Commission des services juridiques