Bernard Trang is a member of the Business Law group. He focuses his practice primarily in the areas of private financing, mergers and acquisitions and corporate law.
Bernard advises banks, financial institutions and private companies on matters involving the establishment of credit facilities and the taking of securities. Clients rely on his expertise for private business debt or equity financing, project financing, equipment lease financing and acquisition financing.
Since the beginning of his career, Bernard has been particularly interested in technology company financing. His understanding of legal and business issues enables him to provide his clients with practical advice focused on solutions and achieving their objectives.
Bernard completed his law degree at Université de Montréal. After having won the Juripop Moot Court Competition in 2014, he has acted as a mentor to subsequent participants. Upon completing his studies, Bernard took part in a research seminar in business law at the Université de Montréal, during which he closely studied the social responsibility of Canadian companies.
- Represented Groupe Sélection in the financing and acquisition of land owned by the Molson Brewery located on Notre-Dame Street in Montréal
- Represented Groupe Sélection in the establishment of a consortium with Montoni and Fonds immobiliers de solidarité FTQ for the construction, development and ownership of Espace Montmorency, the largest mixed-use real estate project in Laval
- Represented Caisse Desjardins du Nord de Lanaudière, Ressources Québec and Investissement Québec in the implementation of credit facilities in favour of La Granaudière, a wood pellet plant producing wood pellets from forest biomass
- Represented the National Bank of Canada in the establishment of credit facilities in favour of Flinks Technology Inc.
Professional and community activities
- Mentor, Juripop Court Competition
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Students Canada
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2017