Lawyer - Patent Agent
James Duffy is a lawyer and patent agent in Lavery’s intellectual property group (previously with Goudreau Gage Dubuc* since January 2016 as a lawyer and technical adviser in patents). James holds a degree in Honours Chemistry from McGill, where he graduated with "First Class Honours" and on the Dean’s list. James is also a graduate of McGill’s Faculty of Law.
James’ main areas of practice are chemistry, materials, energy management and conservation, mechanical, metallurgy, and aviation. He is also involved in preparing legal advice and opinions regarding patents.
- Graduated "First Class Honours" in Chemistry, McGill University, 2011
- Graduated on the Dean’s list, McGill University, 2011
- Recipient of Frederic J. Lemaistre Award for Highest Academic Merit in penultimate year of chemistry program (2010)
- R.E. Powell Scholarship, 2007-2010
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2015
- LL.B., Common Law, McGill University, 2014
- B.C.L., Civil Law, McGill University, 2014
- B.Sc., Honours Chemistry, McGill University, 2011
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Barreau du Québec
- Canadian Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
Read the publication