Lavery is pleased to welcome the following professionals as senior associates and a senior notary in the firm. Elizabeth Bourgeois - Senior Associate Elizabeth is a member of the firm's Employment and Labour Law Group. She has acted as a lawyer-investigator and has specific experience in the prevention and treatment of psychological harassment and incivility in the workplace. Since 2018, Elizabeth has also been a mediator certified with the Barreau du Québec in, among other areas, labour relations. In her practice, she also advises employers in the public, para-public and private sectors on matters relating to human resources management and labour relations. Olivier Boileau - Senior Associate Olivier Boileau is a member of the firm’s Litigation and Conflict Resolution Group, and his practice focuses primarily on civil, commercial and corporate litigation. As part of his practice, Olivier has developed an expertise in commercial litigation. He advises and represents a diverse clientele before the courts, in particular shareholders of corporations of all sizes. Nadia Yasmine Hanine - Senior Associate Nadia Yasmine Hanine is a member of the Business Law group. She has participated and played a significant role in numerous share and asset purchase and sale transactions involving companies of various sizes. She represents entrepreneurs and investors as part of the acquisition of interests in private issuers. She also advises entrepreneurs and start-ups on various legal issues relating to their businesses. Chantal Saint-Onge - Senior Associate Chantal Saint-Onge is a member of the firm’s Litigation and Conflict Resolution Group. She works predominantly in the areas of insurance law and civil liability. In her practice, Chantal has been called upon to represent clients from various economic sectors and industries, which has enabled her to continually develop new fields of expertise and specialization. Letta Wellinger - Senior Associate Letta Wellinger is a member of our Business law group and practices primarily in the areas of commercial law, transactional law, and corporate reorganizations. Ms. Wellinger also practises in civil and commercial litigation. Marie-Andrée Truchon - Senior Notary Marie-Andrée Truchon is a notary and tax specialist and practices in the Business Law group where she works chiefly in the areas of corporate law and taxation. As part of her practice, she is assigned to cases dealing with acquisitions/sales of corporations, mergers and corporate reorganizations, where she is called upon to draft a variety of commercial agreements. Congratulations to all of you!
Marie-Andrée Truchon Senior Notary
Marie-Andrée Truchon is a notary and tax specialist and practices in the Business Law group where she works chiefly in the areas of corporate law and taxation. As part of her practice, she is assigned to cases dealing with acquisitions/sales of corporations, mergers and corporate reorganizations, where she is called upon to draft a variety of commercial agreements.
Ms. Truchon holds a Master's degree in taxation from Université de Sherbrooke. Her Master’s thesis, Modification d’un acte de fiducie : aspects légaux et fiscaux [Amending a Trust Deed: Legal and Tax Aspects], was published in the Revue de planification fiscale et financière and awarded two Excellence Awards by the APFF and the Canadian Tax Foundation.
As of 2016, she held the positions of notary, public officer and legal advisor as part of a study conducted by notaries. She joined the firm’s Sherbrooke office in 2018.
- M.-A. Truchon, “Modification d’un acte de fiducie : aspects légaux et fiscaux”, Revue de la planification fiscale et financière, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 621-676, 2017
Professional and Community Activities
- Tax Clinic, Faculté d’administration de l’Université de Sherbrooke, March-April 2016
- RDI Économie : Live special broadcast on Taxation - participated and responded to questions from the public sent in via Twitter.
- Québec Prize – Canadian Tax Foundation / Olser, Hoskin & Harcourt LLD, École de gestion de l’Université de Sherbrooke – Best text written by a Master’s student in taxation, 2017
- 2017 APFF Merit Scholarship, École de gestion de l’Université de Sherbrooke - for best thesis submitted in the Master's program in Taxation - Award Presentation at the 2017 annual conference of the Association de planification fiscale et financière
- Citation of Excellence, Certificate in Political Studies, Faculté des lettres et sciences humaines de l’Université de Sherbrooke, 2013
- M.Fisc., Université de Sherbrooke, 2017
- Member of the Chambre des Notaires since 2017
- LL.M., Université de Sherbrooke, 2015
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 2014
- Certificate in Political Studies, Université de Sherbrooke, 2012