Anne-Marie Asselin is a member of the firm's Litigation and Conflict Resolution Group. She practises primarily in civil and commercial litigation, representing various companies, municipalities, cities and other institutions.
Her work includes providing legal advice to her clients, drafting proceedings, developing file strategies, negotiating with the adverse parties, and making representations and submissions to the courts.
In addition to her litigation practice, she also analyzes and drafts various kinds of commercial agreements, leases, service and employment contracts.
Anne-Marie is a thorough lawyer who is dedicated to her clients. She has a strong ability to adapt to different circumstances, enabling her to be effective and rigorous in her work, while never losing sight of her clients' interests and the financial ramifications and risks associated with the file. As part of her approach to litigation, she always considers alternative dispute resolution methods, giving her clients the benefit of all possible solutions to their files.
In addition, she is very involved as a volunteer in her community, acting as a municipal councillor for the municipality of Saint-Tite-des-Caps and as a board member of certain non-profit organizations. She is also a member of Alliance Affaire Côte-de-Beaupré, contributing actively to business development and the vitality of her community.
Presentations and seminars
- "Le nouveau Code de procédure civile en pratique," January 18 and 25 and June 14, 2016 – with Marie-Hélène Riverin, Simon Rainville and Frédéric Bélanger
- Instructor for the FQM (Quebec Federation of Municipalities): "La préparation et la participation des élus aux assemblées du Conseil", winter 2020
- LL.B., Université Laval, 2013
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Board member, Maison des jeunes La Zone (youth center)
- Member of Alliance Affaires Côte-de-Beaupré (Côte-de-Beaupré Business Alliance)
- Municipal counselor, municipality of Saint-Tite-des-Caps