Simon Clément Partner, Lawyer and Managing Partner (Québec City office)
- Québec, 1999
Managing partner of the Québec City office
Simon Clément is the managing partner of the Québec City office.
In addition to overseeing the management of the Québec City office, Simon is responsible for developing the firm’s reputation in the Capitale-Nationale region and implementing the strategic plan that falls under his purview as a member of the firm’s Management Committee.
He practises corporate law as well as litigation and specializes in the areas of civil, commercial and corporate litigation, with a particular focus on shareholder disputes, breach of contract and injunctions. He is also a recognized expert in the acquisition and sale of businesses and assets.
He chairs the Québec City division of the M&A Club, founded in 2012 to facilitate deal-making and financing in the mid-market private sector between M&A professionals.
- La gouvernance de l’entreprise et la responsabilité de ses administrateurs
- Développement récent sur les clauses restrictives et la Loi sur l’intégrité en matière de contrats publics
- Construction — Aspects juridiques, La Collection Blais, Volume 10-2011
- Techniques de plaidoiries, Barreau du Québec, 2005
- LL.B., Université Laval, 1997
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the board of the Chambre de commerce et d'industrie de Québec (CCIQ), 2022
- Member of the Executive Committee of the firm (Lavery Lawyers)
- Chair of the board of Les Création Pyro, producer of the Grands Feux Loto-Québec, since 2021
- Member of the board of directors of Office Québec-Monde pour la jeunesse, since 2018
- Chair of the Québec City division of the M&A Club, since 2012
- Member of the board of the M&A Club, since 2012
- Member of the board of directors and the audit committee of Jeffery Hale–Saint-Brigid’s hospitals (2010–2014)
- Member of the board of directors and the audit committee of the Conservatoire de musique et d’art dramatique du Québec (2010–2014)
- Secretary and member of the board of directors of Théâtre Périscope (2005–2007)
- Member of the continuing legal education committee of the Jeune Barreau du Québec (2003–2005)
Lavery is pleased to announce that Simon Clément, managing partner of the Québec City office practising in Business Law and Litigation, has been elected President of the board of Les Créations Pyro. Les Créations Pyro is the producer of the Grands Feux Loto-Québec. Created in 1995, this event offers large-scale pyromusical shows from the St. Lawrence River and has been free since 2012. These world-class performances create a bridge between Québec City and Lévis and attract hundreds of thousands of people along both shores every year. “After a two-year forced break, this series of firework events on the magnificent St. Lawrence River will return in force, to the delight of tourists and residents of Quebec’s National Capital Region. The entertainment industry’s contribution to the economic vitality of the region is obvious to me and I feel privileged to be able to contribute to it through Les Créations Pyro, accompanied by expert board members and people of action,” says Simon Clément. This appointment will be an opportunity to contribute to the upcoming Grands Feux Loto-Québec in 2022, which will be held against the backdrop of the tourism industry’s recovery. For more information, visit les Créations Pyro website:Here
Lavery is pleased to announce that Stéphane Martin is joining its Quebec City office as a partner in the Business Law group. This most recent appointment is part of the firm’s efforts to cement its position in business law and contribute to the growth of the region’s businesses and partners. “His recognized expertise of commercial law, financing and banking law, and real estate law in the Quebec City market will add further quality to the Quebec City office’s service offering to private and institutional clients and give it greater depth," said Simon Clément, Managing Partner of Lavery Lawyers’s Quebec City office. Stéphane’s arrival comes on the heels of the recent arrival of Laurie Vandal-Fortin and Anne-Sophie Paquet in our Quebec City Business Law team.