Settlements: Don't Forget the Tutorship Council!
Anne Bélanger Partner, Lawyer
- Québec, 1987
Anne Bélanger is a partner and a member of the firm's Litigation group. She has extensive experience in hospital liability and represents health and social services centres, rehabilitation centres, and the Director of youth protection. She has also acted in numerous professional liability cases, representing chiropractors, denturists, optometrists, and psychologists. On behalf of insurers, she has also represented many professionals in civil litigation cases: real estate agents, surveyors, lawyers, accountants, chartered appraisers, and building inspectors.
Ms. Bélanger has also represented clients before the courts in numerous damage insurance cases.
- N’oubliez-pas le conseil de tutelle!, Transaction, with Marie-Andrée Gagnon, January 2008
- Le recours direct d’un assureur subrogé, Need to Know, September 2005
Professional and community activities
- Member of the executive committee of the National health section of the Canadian Bar Association (2009 - )
- Member of the executive committee of the Insurance and civil litigation section of the Canadian Bar Association (2006 - 2010)
- Member of the board of directors and chair of the Legislation committee of the Montreal Association of Insurance Women (1994 to 1997)
- Member of the Bar of Montreal Liaison committee with the Court of Quebec, Civil Division (1993-1994)
- Member of the board of directors of the Young Bar Association of Montreal (1991-1992)
- LL.B., Université Laval, 1986
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Montréal Association of Insurance Women
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society