On September 22, 2009, Lavery held a seminar intended for corporate lawyers under the theme of Risk Management.
Here is a look back at this very successful event:
- 9 seasoned lecturers
- 350 participating corporate lawyers
- 7 workshops and 7 subjects of great interest
- 1 reliable, free and recognized* information source
- 3 hours of training recognized for the purposes of the By-law respecting the professional training of advocates** for participants registered for the entire seminar
- 1 great opportunity to exchange with peers.
The seminar featured workshops covering the following subjects:
The role of corporate counsel and the constraints he faces
Alternate solutions to the employment agreement: how to plan one’s workforce without increasing the responsibilities of the employer?
Environment management: what to do to minimize the risks for the enterprise?
Class actions: a measure for improving access to justice or pro consumer drift?
Privacy and protection of personal information within enterprises doing business in Quebec, Canada and abroad
Surviving the insolvency of your business partners, whether they are clients or suppliers
Activist shareholders: who are they? What are their goals and how to cohabit with them?
This seminar is just one of the numerous steps Lavery is taking towards meeting the needs of its business partners. Stay abreast of our activities and firm news by visiting lavery.ca.
*The Lavery seminar is an activity recognized by the Quebec Bar for the purposes of the mandatory continuing professional education
** Since April 1, 2009, lawyers in Quebec are required to participate in 30 hours of professional training per 24 month period.