On March 18, Lavery hosted a number of corporate lawyers at a seminar on “La gestion de risques en matière immobilière” at Fairmont’s The Queen Elizabeth Hotel in Montreal.
Following up on the success of its previous seminar, Lavery was pleased to repeat the performance on March 18, with 175 corporate lawyers attending this latest event.
Here is a brief summary of the day’s activities:
13 experienced speakers
2 large group sessions, entitled:
- Some notions related to building ownership and real rights
- Purchase options and renewal options in commercial leases
A choice of 3 workshops on themes of great interest:
- Insurance and non-liability clauses in leasing contracts
- Hidden public law costs liable to affect buildings
- Legal constraints in carrying out construction work by owner/builders
1 reliable source of information, recognized and free of cost*
3 hours of training as per the Quebec Bar by-law respecting the professional training of advocates, for all participants registered for the whole seminar**
1 excellent occasion for exchanging with one’s peers
Our lawyers also write articles on a variety of subjects of great interest, which are regularly posted on our lavery.ca website.
* Lavery seminars are recognized by the Quebec Bar as part of its mandatory continuing education program.
** Since April 1, 2009, Quebec lawyers are obliged to undertake 30 hours of professional training in every 24-month period.