On February 15 and 16, 2019, the 41st Pierre-Basile-Mignault Moot Court Competition was held between students from six Canadian civil law faculties.
Once again this year, the UQAM team of law students (Dana Farès, Étienne C. Laplante, David Létourneau, Frédéric Comeau, Véronique Faucher-Lefebvre, and Gabriel Langelier), supervised by Myriam Brixi and Dominique Vallières, won five prizes, namely:
- The Bâtonnier du Québec Cup for best team;
- The Association des professeurs de droit du Québec Cup for best factum (respondent's factum);
- The SOQUIJ Cup for 2nd best factum (appellant's factum);
- The Yvon Blais Cup - tandem finalist (appellants - Frédéric Comeau and David Létourneau);
- The Canadian Bar Association Cup for 2nd best litigator (David Létourneau).
For more information on the Pierre-Basile-Mignault Moot Court Competition, click here.