Mr. Jean Martel, Ad. E., partner at Lavery’s Montreal office, was appointed by the Investment Industry Association of Canada (IIAC) to sit on its Hall of Fame Selection Committee. The committee’s mandate will namely consist of selecting individuals who have played a key role in the development of the Canadian securities sector. Jean Martel is a member of several boards of directors, including TMX Group Inc. and the Business Development Bank of Canada. From 1995 to 1999, he acted as Chairman and CEO of the Quebec Securities Commission which became the Autorité des marchés financiers in 2004.
In addition to Jean Martel, the IIAC Hall of Fame Selection Committee brings together influential Canadians:
- Gary Filmon, Consultant, The Exchange Group, and former Premier of Manitoba, Winnipeg
- Margaret Franklin, President and CEO, Kinsale Private Wealth Inc., Toronto
- J. Colin Dodds, President, Saint Mary’s University, Halifax
- Lois Mitchell, Senior Partner, Rainmaker Global Business Development, Calgary
- Chris Collingwood, President and CEO, Baine Johnston Corp., St. John’s
- James C. Baillie, Senior Counsel, Torys, Toronto