On October 30, 2020, Simon Gagné, Head of practice of our Labour and Employment Law group, was appointed to the committee that the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) has created to update and improve its Players Help Program.
As a former QMJHL player, Simon will use his expertise to develop lasting solutions that will not only help players, but also parents, coaches, and general managers with the daily challenges that come with the sport.
The other committee members are:
- François Bernier, retired SPVM police officer, resource person for the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada
- Patrice Bernier, TVA Sports soccer analyst and former Montreal CF assistant coach
- François Boisvert, special education teacher at Clinique Syna-Psy, resource person for the Shawinigan Cataractes
- Sylvain Croteau, General Manager of Sport’Aide
- Sylvain Guimond, sports psychologist, speaker and author of many books
- Isabelle Leclaire, head of sport d’excellence and head coach of Carabins women’s hockey at Université de Montréal.