On September 27, 2011, 140 corporate counsel attended this Lavery Conference held (in French) at the Centre Mont-Royal in Montreal.
The day started with a plenary session entitled “Blogs and social media: New issues" followed by workshops on the following subjects:
- Aspects of employment contracts: Constraints and precautions
- Reporting and complaints of harassment in the workplace
- Excess benefit plans: Issues to consider
- Tax treatment of the various components of compensation and severance pay
- Inquiries and inspections by public authorities: Scope of their powers and measures to take in response
- Issues to be negotiated and verified with respect to employment contracts and pension plans in the context of a proposed purchase and sale
Our guest speakers, Suzanne Ménard and Stéphane Paré, of AON Hewitt, then led the plenary session on the theme of “Employment proposal and generations: A matter of flexibility".
This activity was recognized by the Quebec Bar for purposes of the mandatory continuing education of lawyers.