Areas of practice
André Vautour is Lavery's chair of the board. He is also the honorary consul of Denmark in Montréal. Mr. Vautour practises in the fields of corporate and commercial law and is particularly interested in strategic alliances, joint ventures, investment funds, and mergers and acquisitions of private corporations .
In addition to acting as counsel to many companies, Mr. Vautour practises in the field of technology law (drafting technology development and transfer agreements, licensing agreements, distribution agreements, outsourcing agreements, and e-commerce agreements).
Mr. Vautour has extensive experience with corporations in the finance, printing, pharmaceutical, rail, computer, and energy sectors.
Mr. Vautour has given many talks on subjects related to his fields of expertise and has written numerous articles on computer and technology law.
Mr. Vautour is listed in the 2016 Best Lawyers in Canada directory in the areas of corporate law, IT law, and technology law. In addition, he was named Lawyer of the Year in 2011, 2013 and 2016 by Best Lawyers in the area of technology law.
Mr. Vautour is also listed in the 2016 Canadian Legal LEXPERT® Directory in the area of technology transactions.
- McGill University, MBA, 1990
- University of Ottawa, LL.L. (summa cum laude), 1982
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 1983
- Canadian Bar Association
- Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. and Canada)
- Association des MBA du Québec (AMBAQ)
Publications by André Vautour
- André Vautour and Guillaume Lavoie
News/Press release by André Vautour
- Pierre-L. Baribeau , René Branchaud , Jules Brière , Richard Burgos , Marie-Claude Cantin , Louis Charette , Eugene Czolij , Pierre Denis , Raymond Doray , Louis-Martin Dubé , Josée Dumoulin , Nicolas Gagnon , Michel Gélinas , Caroline Harnois , Jean Hébert , Richard A. Hinse , Pierre Marc Johnson , Bernard Larocque , Guy Lavoie , Jean Legault , Guy Lemay , Jean Martel , Patrick A. Molinari , Philip Nolan , François Parent , Luc Pariseau , Jacques Paul-Hus , Louis Payette , Elisabeth Pinard , Sylvain Poirier , Marc Rochefort , Louis Rochette , Ian Rose , Jean Saint-Onge , Raphaël H. Schachter , Jean-Yves Simard , Gerald Stotland , Philippe Tremblay , Jean-Philippe Turgeon and André Vautour