Dave Bouchard practises mainly in the areas of labour and employment law out of our offices in Sherbrooke. As such, he advises employers on all legal issues relating to human resources management, as well as employment injury matters, while also representing them both before the various administrative tribunals and courts of law. In addition, he acts as an advisor and spokesperson for employers in the negotiation of collective agreements.
Furthermore, he advises and represents a variety of clients in civil, commercial and criminal litigation cases, and generally, in non-litigious commercial matters.
Mr. Bouchard teaches labour law in the faculty of law at the University of Sherbrooke and at the Quebec Bar School. He is also a member of the board of directors of the Cooperative at the University of Sherbrooke and of the organization La Grande Table.
Mr. Bouchard earned a bachelor’s degree in law and a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) from Université de Sherbrooke. He is also a member of the Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés (CRHA) and of the Ordre des administrateurs agréés du Québec (ADM.A).
Before joining Lavery in 2014, Mr. Bouchard practised at a national law firm.
- MBA, Université de Sherbrooke, 2011
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 2011
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés (CRHA)
- Ordre des administrateurs agréés du Québec
- Member of the Board of directors, La Grande Table
- Member of the Board of directors, Coopérative de l'Université de Sherbrooke
- Member of Barreau du Québec since 2012