Managing partner of the Québec City office
Simon Clément is the managing partner of the Québec City office.
In addition to overseeing the management of the Québec City office, Simon is responsible for developing the firm’s reputation in the Capitale-Nationale region and implementing the strategic plan that falls under his purview as a member of the firm’s Management Committee.
He practises corporate law as well as litigation and specializes in the areas of civil, commercial and corporate litigation, with a particular focus on shareholder disputes, breach of contract and injunctions. He is also a recognized expert in the acquisition and sale of businesses and assets.
He chairs the Québec City division of the M&A Club, founded in 2012 to facilitate deal-making and financing in the mid-market private sector between M&A professionals.
- La gouvernance de l’entreprise et la responsabilité de ses administrateurs
- Développement récent sur les clauses restrictives et la Loi sur l’intégrité en matière de contrats publics
- Construction — Aspects juridiques, La Collection Blais, Volume 10-2011
- Techniques de plaidoiries, Barreau du Québec, 2005
- LL.B., Université Laval, 1997
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the board of directors of Les Offices jeunesse internationaux du Québec, since 2018
- Chair of the Québec City division of the M&A Club, since 2012
- Member of the board of the M&A Club, since 2012
- Member of the board of directors and the audit committee of Jeffery Hale–Saint-Brigid’s hospitals (2010–2014)
- Member of the board of directors and the audit committee of the Conservatoire de musique et d’art dramatique du Québec (2010–2014)
- Secretary and member of the board of directors of Théâtre Périscope (2005–2007)
- Member of the continuing legal education committee of the Jeune Barreau du Québec (2003–2005)