Sofia Khan joined the Lavery team as a student in 2021 and will be articling with the firm in 2022. She completed her Bachelor of Civil Law, cooperative program, at the University of Ottawa in 2020. Sofia will continue her studies at the University of Ottawa in the fall of 2021 in the J.D. National Program to learn the common law tradition.
During her studies, Sofia completed cooperative internships with a transport company and a federal ministry where she was able to put her legal knowledge to good use.
Professional and community activities
- Shoebox Project, 2017-2019
- Mile End Legal Clinic, 2019, Volunteer
- Dean’s Award, academic excellence, 2017-2020
- Licentiate in Law, cooperative program, University of Ottawa, 2020
- J.D., University of Ottawa, expected to be completed in 2022