Sophie Poirier Student
Sophie Poirier joined the Lavery team as a student in 2022 and will do her internship here in 2024. She is currently completing her bachelor's degree in civil law at the University of Montreal. She will attend the Università degli studi di Milan in the fall of 2022 as part of a student exchange program.
During her studies, Sophie worked as a research assistant for Professor Catherine Régis in comparative international law. She also completed an internship at a non-profit organization that educates consumers about their rights.
Alongside her studies, Sophie is involved in the community as a volunteer at the Clinique juridique Saint-Michel and in the university’s student associations as a member of the executive of various committees.
- Médaille du Lieutenant-gouverneur, 2018
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, expected to graduate in 2023
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Chief of Science Advisor Youth, Governement of Canada, since 2020
- Clinique juridique Saint-Michel, since 2020, Volonteer
- Option consommateurs, 2021-2022, Employee
- Petits-frères, since 2016, Volonteer
* Please note that Sophie Poirier does not currently work at Lavery, de Billy. Date of arrival to be confirmed.