Biotechnology includes those technological applications that use biological systems, living organisms or derivatives thereof, to make or modify products or processes for specific use.
Our expertise in biotechnology includes, among others:
- diagnostic tools and methods,
- methods and tools for molecular screening,
- genetics, genomics and proteomics,
- industrial biotechnology including bioprocessing, biomaterials, biofuels, and enzymes for industrial applications,
- biological pesticides and insecticides,
- cell and tissue engineering, and
- bioinformatics tools.
In particular, we have developed greater expertise in:
- bio-agronomy and nutrition,
- biomarkers, including methods, agents and diagnostic kits,
- cell and tissue transplantation,
- genetic engineering: transgenic plants and animals and gene therapy,
- methods and tools for detection of biomolecules (nucleic acids, proteins, mediators),
- methods and tools for RNA interference,
- molecular pharmacology,
- natural product extracts,
- organogenesis and regenerative medicine,
- peptidomimetics and peptides, recombinant proteins, antibodies and hybridomas,
- therapeutic targets, and
- tools and methods related to reproduction, including fertility and paternity testing.