1. Setting up the Autorité des marchés publics — Practical consequences on the call for tenders process in Quebec
The Autorité des marchés financiers is now replaced by the AMP for the authorization to contract with a public body.
This new body, which is responsible for overseeing all public contracts, also has the power to audit, investigate, order and recommend.
2. The latest news in the infrastructure market
Among the highlights from the last few months:
- The production of more than 2.305 GW of renewable energy, confirmed in new contracts
- 3 major transportation projects are progressing rapidly in North America
- The Olympic Stadium Roof Rehabilitation Project is moving forward
- The PPP model is considered for the implementation of 2 new transportation projects
- A major bank ceases to finance coal, oil and gas energy projects