Once only a concern of large corporations, globalization today affects companies and countries of all sizes, which now battle for market share on a planetary scale. What is true abroad also affects us here at home. To meet these new imperatives, firms must adapt to the reality of business and evolve to meet the true needs of their clients.
Over the course of its history, Lavery has always been able to seize opportunities for growing and distinguish itself through its know how, the excellence of its services and its ability to react quickly to new situations. In March 2014, this responsiveness enabled the firm to integrate the expertise of more than 50 lawyers from the Heenan Blaikie firm, including all the members of both the Sherbrooke and Trois Rivières teams, a major addition devoted to serving the needs of the business community.
However, despite this important expansion, certain fundamental values remain the same. Thus, at every step of the mandate, our lawyers will always focus on the essentials: finding timely and cost-effective solutions that fully address the client's situation, without ever compromising excellence.
While simple in appearance, this approach, grounded in the firm's recognized expertise, as refined over many client mandates, and supported by effective resources, is designed to:
- Encourage work in multidisciplinary teams, including legal specialists in the forefront of their field, where required
- Foster informed and sound judgments, rigorous intellectual discipline and exceptional ingenuity
- Focus attention on our clients' needs, protect their true interests, and ensure a continuous exchange of information
- Prevent conflicts of interest
- Provide all the requisite technological support