Areas of practice
Brittany Carson is an associate in the firm's Labour and Employment Law group. She joined Lavery in 2013 after having completed her articles with the firm. Ms. Carson advises her clients on all aspects of employment law, including employment standards litigation, review of employment contracts and company policies and employment-related litigation before the civil courts. She also has experience in labour law matters, such as grievance arbitration and certification disputes. Ms. Carson represents clients before Québec's administrative tribunals and civil courts.
Also a member of the Law Society of Ontario, Ms. Carson routinely represents clients before the Ontario civil courts, including the Superior Court of Justice.
Prior to completing her studies in law, Ms. Carson obtained an Honours degree in political science with a major in philosophy from McGill University.
- Guy Lavoie, Brittany Carson and Elodie Brunet, New Perspectives on Canadian Employment Law, under the direction of Malcolm MacKillop and Christine Thomlison, LexisNexis, 2014 (Chapter 16 : Employment Law and Practice : Current Issues).
- B.C.L., L.L.B. Integrated Program, McGill University, 2013
- Dean’s Honour List 2012, I.M.E. Prize in Commercial Law, Caron Memorial Trophy Cup in the law of security
- B.A. Honours Political Science, Major Concentration Philosophy, McGill University, 2009
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario since 2014
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Young Bar Association of Montréal
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE)
Publications by Brittany Carson
- Brittany Carson and Félix Germek-Michaud