Areas of practice
Daniel Bouchard is the Managing Partner of the Quebec City office and a was a member of the Board of Directors of the firm from 2012 to 2017. For many years, he has specialized in the fields of municipal, environmental and administrative law. He has developed special expertise in the areas of land use planning and development, agricultural zoning, mining environments, municipal liability, municipal management and ethics in public administration.
He acts as barrister and solicitor for numerous municipalities, energy businesses, and municipal and other government bodies, as well as for individuals dealing with public authorities.
He is regularly called on to give lectures or training and has published numerous articles in various law reviews and other specialized publications, in particular on matters of concern in municipal law. In addition, he has organized and presented several lectures on municipal and environmental subjects for the Continuing Education Service of the Quebec Bar. He is also a trainer for the Conference of Municipal Judges and a course lecturer in environmental law (Master's program) at the ENAP and the Université de Sherbrooke.
Mr. Bouchard works from our Québec City office but serves the firm's clientele throughout the Province of Québec.
- Drafting of urban planning documentation (for RCMs or local municipalities), analysis of various issues through legal opinions recommending solutions, negotiations, legal proceedings, drafting and presentation of submissions before parliamentary committees or other public presentations
- Proceedings on behalf of the city of Québec against a “snow cartel”
- Representation of the city of Laval to have the validity of the cabinet’s order in council which authorized the construction of Highway 25
- Representation of Quebecor Media in the context of proceedings instituted by Québec City residents against the Québec City’s project for the construction of an amphitheatre
- Support for the Québec City metropolitan community in the context of the preparation of its first metropolitan development plan and drafting of many of the Québec City metropolitan community land management by laws
- Proposal for the fire protection reform to the Ministère de la Sécurité publique
- LL.L., Université Laval, 1990
- Member of the Quebec Bar since 1991
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Certified mediator
Publications by Daniel Bouchard
- Daniel Bouchard