Brittany Carson is a member of the Labour and employment law group. She joined Lavery after articling with the firm. Ms. Carson advises her clients on all aspects of employment law, including employment standards litigation and the review of employment contracts and company policies. She also practices in the area of labour relations, including grievance arbitration and certification disputes. Ms. Carson represents clients before Quebec’s administrative tribunals and civil courts.
Prior to completing her studies in law, Ms. Carson earned an Honours B.A. in political science with a major in philosophy from McGill University. She is also a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Guy Lavoie, Brittany Carson and Elodie Brunet, New Perspectives on Canadian Employment Law, under the direction of Malcolm MacKillop and Christine Thomlison, LexisNexis, 2014 (Chapter 16 : Employment Law and Practice : Current Issues).
- Member of the Ontario Bar since 2014
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2013
- B.C.L., L.L.B. Integrated Program, McGill University, 2013
- I.M.E. Prize in Commercial Law, Caron Memorial Trophy Cup in the law of security, Dean’s honour list 2012
- B.A. Honours Political Science, Major Concentration Philosophy, McGill University, 2009
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Young Bar Association of Montréal
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE)
Read the publication