Partner | Lawyer - Trade-mark Agent
Alain Y. Dussault is a partner, lawyer and trade-mark agent in Lavery’s intellectual property group. He practices mainly in intellectual property litigation and has an extensive experience in patents, trade-marks, copyrights and industrial designs litigations.
He acted in several high-profile intellectual property litigations including multijurisdictional litigation for clients in various industries, such as: pharmaceutical, food, electronics, forest and entertainment.
He has represented prestigious clients in complex litigation before the Québec Courts, Federal Courts and the Supreme Court of Canada. He regularly advises his clients regarding the registration, the management and the protection of their intellectual property.
Alain has acquired considerable experience in anti-counterfeiting matters, including the execution of Anton Piller orders. He regularly represents several multinational companies in the field of fashion, cosmetics and consumer products.
His extensive knowledge of IP law, as well as his accessibility and his practical approach, are particularly appreciated by his clients.
- Les recours douaniers – Le projet de loi C-8: la fin de « Canada sans frontières » en propriété intellectuelle; Développements récents en propriété intellectuelle, 2014, Éditions Yvon Blais
- “Canada strengthens the protection of copyright and trademark rights with the enactment of new border enforcement measures”, Newsletter GGData, January 14, 2015
- “Bill C-56 : A greater role for customs officers in combating counterfeiting”, Technology and intellectual Property Bulletin, April 2013
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert in the field of Intellectual Property since 2019
- The Best Lawyers in Canada in the field of Intellectual Property since 2020
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 1998
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 1997
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Regroupement des praticiens en marques (RPM)
- Association des Praticiens du droit des Marques et des Modèles (APRAM)
- Member of the Board of Directors for Les Grands Ballets Canadiens, 2010 to 2014
- Fund-Raiser President, Musée des Maîtres et Artisans du Québec, 2004