Mandy Alessandrini is an associate with our litigation group, exercising mainly in family law. Prior to joining Lavery, she was a lawyer with the Attorney General of Quebec’s litigation section. Mandy Alessandrini was in private practice for many years acting as counsel, co-counsel as well as mediator; her practice covered family law and contract law. She also conducted mandates with Revenue Quebec for the reform and implementation of the Unclaimed Property Act.
She was a Law Clerk at the Quebec Court of Appeal and Coordinator of one of the leading legal research centers in Canada (Centre de recherche en droit public – CRDP) at the Université de Montréal.
She holds a Master of Laws degree from McGill University’s Institute of comparative law and was a doctoral candidate in law at the Université de Montréal. Her graduate studies were devoted to both the civil and the common law focusing on remedies, contracts and torts. Mandy Alessandrini is also an accredited mediator in family, civil, commercial and labour mediation.
- Civil and Commercial mediation training, Barreau du Québec, 2016
- Family mediation training, Barreau du Québec, 2014-2015
- Doctoral candidate in law, Université de Montréal, 2004-2013
- Master of Laws degree (with honourable mention), McGill University, 2004
- LL.B., Université du Québec à Montréal, 1997
- Law Certificate, Université de Montréal, 1994
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 1999
- Association des avocats et avocates en droit familial du Québec (AAADFQ), since 2013
- The Law Society of Upper Canada (occasional practice permit for 2017 and 2018)