Mr. Ali El Haskouri is a member of our Business Law Group and focuses his practice on debt financing.
He has solid experience in business financing at all the stages of their life cycles (pre-start-up, start-up, development or marketing), including:
- Debt financing (bank syndication, subordinated loans, convertible debentures, secured loans, etc.);
- Stake acquisition (co-investment in venture capital, investment funds, funds of funds and investment in mature businesses, private placements in public corporations).
Mr. El Haskouri also has in-depth knowledge of bankruptcy and insolvency law. He participated in the recovery and restructuring of businesses of all sizes.
In practical terms, Mr. El Haskouri is often called upon to advise his clients in financing matters and the negotiation and drafting of the following:
- Limited partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, management contracts and various other agreements in the context of the implementation or participation in investment funds;
- Subscription agreements and shareholder agreements in the context of venture capital investments, acquisition of stakes in major businesses and private placements in public corporations.
- Credit agreements, agreements between creditors, confidentiality agreements and many contractual instruments.
Prior to joining Lavery, he was a legal advisor with Investissement Québec, a position he held for nine years.
Investments funds and funds of funds
- Participation in many investment funds worth from $2 million to $600 million;
- Creation of major investment funds as a mandatary of the Government of Québec.
Investments (equity and venture capital)
- Participation in many venture capital financing rounds in corporations of the information technology industry;
- Investments in public corporations of the mining industry (private placements and bonds financings).
Syndicated loans, subordinated debt and secured loans
- Financing of a project for building oil tankers in the context of a syndicated loan in the amount of $76 million;
- Financing of a port project through a limited partnership (investment and secured loan).
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 2009
- Law certificate, Université de Montréal, 2007