Erwin Schultz, Ph.D. Patent Agent
Erwin Schultz is a member of the Intellectual Property Group.
He advises his clients particularly in the areas of chemistry, green chemistry, metallurgy, pharmaceuticals, nanotechnology, and medical devices and diagnostics.
Over the years, he has developed expertise in preparing patent applications and he assists his Canadian and foreign clients with patentability issues and patent management strategies.
- A. Z. Rys, E. K. V. Schultz and D. N. Harpp, "Quest for Diatomic Selenium", J. Sulfur Chem., 31 , 351-371 (2010).
- E. K. V. Schultz and D. N. Harpp, "Bis(Triphenylstannyl) Selenide. A Mild and Selective Reagent for the Synthesis of Symmetrical a-Selenoesters." (2000-2001) Sulfur Lett.
- E. K. V. Schultz and D. N. Harpp, "Selenium and Tellurium Chalcogenides as mild and Efficient Reducing Agents for a-Haloketones." (1998) Synthesis, 1137.
- E. K. V. Schultz and al., "Recent Chemistry of the Chalcogen Diatomics." (1997) Tetrahedron, 53, 12225.
- E. K. V. Schultz and al., "Photoinduced Rearrangement of Carbocyclic 2-Phenylthio-1,3-Diols to Deoxysugars." (1994) Tetrahedron Lett., 35, 8981.
- Guest speaker at “Journées de la Recherche", CRCHUQ-ULaval, May 2017
- Guest speaker at "Forum Provincial Carrière en Chimie", U Laval, Qc, March 2012
- "Canadian Patent Law", Munich, Germany, October 2012
- "Canadian Patent Law", Munich, Germany, October 2011
- "The Nuts and Bolts of Intellectual Property", Montreal, Qc, February 2009
- "The Nuts and Bolts of Intellectual Property", Montreal Qc, September 2008
- "Selenium and Chalcogenides as Mild and Efficient Reducing Agents for a -Haloketones." The 81st CSC Conference, Division of Organic Chemistry, Whistler, B.C., June 1998
- "New Aspects of Organoselenium Chemistry: Reductive Dehalogenations and Diatomic Selenium." McGill University Student Seminar, Montreal, 1997
- "Photoinduced Rearrangement of Carbocyclic 2-Phenylthio-1,3-Diols to Deoxysugars." ACFAS Conference, Division of Organic Chemistry, Rimouski, QC, May 1993.
- Chemical Patent Practice, Patent Resources Group Inc., 2013
- AIPLA Mid-Winter Meeting, Orlando Florida, January 26-29, 2005
- Effective Regulatory Strategies and Integrated Drug Development, 2005
- The Legal and Strategic Guide, 4th Annual Forum on Pharma Patents, 2005
- The Latest Legal, Policy and Strategic Developments, 3rd Annual Forum on Drug Patents, 2004
- Chemical Patent Practice, Patent Resources Group Inc., 2004
- Post-doctoral Fellow, North Carolina State University, 2000
- Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, McGill University, 1999
- M.Sc., Organic Chemistry, Université de Montréal, 1994
- B.Sc., Chemistry, Université de Montréal, 1992
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)