Dominique Vallières is a member of the Litigation Group.
He represents a wide variety of clients before the various civil courts, at both the trial and appeal levels and in the Supreme Court, as well as in arbitration matters. In addition, he takes a proactive approach in acting for and advising his clients in order to prevent disputes or resolve them more quickly. His practice covers a broad range of civil and contractual disputes, primarily in commercial matters.
In particular, Me Vallières handles various extraordinary remedies (injunctions and Anton Piller, Norwich and Mareva orders), notably in cases involving fraud, competition, blockades or illegal protests, and in commercial leases.
In addition, he acts in shareholder disputes, franchisor-franchisee disputes, and in various commercial and contractual matters (service contracts, distribution and supply contracts, etc.).
Finally, Me Vallières also acts for institutional or private contracting authorities in the field of construction, as well as for independent agencies, particularly with respect to the management of compulsory guarantee plans.
- Commentaire sur la décision Groupe CRH Canada inc. c. Beauregard – La Cour d’appel revisite les critères d’émission de l’injonction interlocutoire, Éditions Yvon Blais, October 2018
- Chronique – Du registre foncier et de la bonne foi, Repères, Éditions Yvon Blais, October 2017
- Commentaire sur la décision Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse c. Sofilco inc. – Le harcèlement discriminatoire dans un contexte de logement
- Commentaire sur la décision Tenedora 87, s.r.l. (Phoenix Spa & Resort) c. Massé – Le contrat de « points de vacances » : qualification, conséquence et pratiques de commerce
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2009
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2008
- Bachelor of Anthropology (B.Sc.), Université de Montréal, 2005
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the board of directors (vice-chair) of the organization Plein Milieu