Benjamin Poirier focuses his practice on commercial litigation and insurance law. He completed his bachelor of civil law at Université de Montréal in 2010 and joined Lavery in 2014. During his studies, Mr. Poirier was awarded the Jacques-Perron scholarship for his academic excellence at the legal services clinic of Université de Montréal.
- “The principle of equity as a guide to sharing the coverage limit” for the Barreau du Québec at a one-day training event on the theme of recent developments in insurance law, 2018.
- “There are limits to the search for the truth” for the Barreau du Québec at a one-day training event on the theme of recent developments in insurance law, 2017.
- Conference on claim and litigation management in disability insurance (16th edition) for theCanadian Institute’s, claim and litigation management in disability insurance, January 2017
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2010
- Membre du Barreau du Québec depuis 2012
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Bar Association of Montréal