Guillaume Synnott is a member of the Business law group. His practice is focused on securities law, franchise law, mergers and acquisitions, as well as corporate law.
Mr. Synnott is also a member of the Lavery GO inc. program: he helps entrepreneurs launch their companies and advises them regarding their corporate structure, financing, and strategic issues specific to their economic sector.
Mr. Synnott also advises various public and private Canadian and foreign corporations with respect to a wide range of business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, as well as public and private financing transactions.
Mr. Synnott also helps franchisors and distributors in various industries in the management and expansion of their networks. He regularly advises clients in the preparation and negotiation of commercial agreements, including franchise agreements, business purchase and sales agreements, as well as commercial leases.
Mr. Synnott completed the first part of his professional training in Shanghai, becoming the first member of the Barreau du Québec to complete part of his articles with a Chinese law firm in mainland China.
Professional and community activities
- Member, International Relations Committee, Bar of Montreal, 2016-2017
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Quebec-Asia Law & Business Association (QALBA)
- Member of Pléiade Capital Alumni Circle
- Comités pour entrepreneurs
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2011
- Certificate in Chinese law, China University of Political Science and Law, 2010
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2012
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Young Bar Association of Montréal