Alexandra Belley-McKinnon is a member of the Litigation group. Her practice is primarily focused on commercial litigation and restructuring and insolvency.
Alexandra joined Lavery in 2018 after completing her articles. She holds degrees in common law and civil law from McGill University and completed an LL.M. in International Law at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, Switzerland.
Throughout her studies, Alexandra notably took part in the Pierre-Basile Mignault mooting competition, where she ranked amongst the best pleaders, and acted as a Superior Court clerk. After obtaining her LL.M., she worked as an intern within the Peace Missions Support unit at the United Nations’ Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights.
Professional and community activities
- Intern – Peace Missions Support unit, United Nations’ Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, Geneva
- Intern – MUHC Office of the Ombudsman, Montréal
- Volunteer for the Fondation de l’Institut de Réadaptation Gingras-Lindsay de Montréal, Montréal
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2018
- LL.M. International Law, cum laude, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, 2017
- Professional training, École du Barreau du Québec, 2016
- B.C.L./LL.B., McGill University, 2015