Pierre Denis is a partner and a member of Lavery’s Financial services group. He has handled numerous national and cross-border financing transactions including project financing and the acquisition, financing, or leasing of aircraft for both lenders and borrowers.
Mr. Denis is consistently listed in The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory, including in 2017, in the fields of Financial Leasing and Asset Equipment Leasing. He is also listed in the 2017 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading practitioner in the field of Equipment Finance Law.
Mr. Denis specializes in the following:
- Asset financing
- Commercial loans, secured or unsecured
- Aircraft financing
- Negotiation and drafting of documents required for equipment financing transactions (aircraft, heavy equipment, rolling stock, etc.)
- Drafting of commercial and consumer forms for rentals, instalment sales, lease financing, and sale and leaseback arrangements as well as the development of related policies, procedures, and practices
- Development of retail and floor plan financing techniques regarding the security interests of manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors of goods sold or services rendered on credit
- The non-litigious aspects of commercial law relating to insolvency, bankruptcy, the restructuring of businesses, and the realization of real and personal property security under security agreements
- The Best Lawyers in Canada in the field of Equipment Finance Law, since 2012
- The Canadian Legal LEXPERT® Director in the area of asset and equipment finance and leasing, since 2009
- Member of the Barreau du Quebec since 1983
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 1982