Andrée Anne Perras Fortin is a member of the Business Law Group whose practice is focused on commercial law and intellectual property. She advises businesses operating particularly in the areas of information technology, entertainment and manufacturing on various types of commercial operations and business transactions. As a member of the Lavery Legal Lab on Artificial Intelligence (L3AI), she closely follows legal developments in artificial intelligence.
She also handles files involving transactional and commercial law and keeps a close eye on legal developments in artificial intelligence.
Andrée-Anne joined Lavery as a student and subsequently articled with the firm. During her law studies, she worked as a research assistant on the regulation of e-commerce and the collaborative economy. She also clerked for Justice Martin Bureau of the Superior Court.
Trained as a professional pianist, Andrée-Anne completed a Doctorate of Musical Arts from the Cleveland Institute of Music. She holds both a Master and a Bachelor in Music with a major in piano performance from McGill University, where she graduated with honours and appeared on the Dean’s List. In recent years, she has performed across Canada and the United States and has won a number of awards and research scholarships, including from the Canada Council for the Arts, the Fonds de recherche société et culture and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council.
Professional and community activities
- Member of the Board of directors of Culture Trois-Rivières, 2019-...
- Director, Ensemble Mosaïque, 2014 - 2016
- Director, La Maison des enfants (daycare centre), 2015 - 2016
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2017
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 2016
- DMA (Doctor of Musical Arts), Cleveland Institute of Music, 2010
- M. Mus., McGill University, 2006
- B. Mus., McGill University, 2004