Nathalie Roy is the Project Manager, Training and Skills Development.
She is responsible for coordinating and generating the content of the continuing education program offered to the firm's professionals, in accordance with the firm's orientations and inspired by the major trends in the legal industry.
She is also responsible for adapting, organizing, coordinating and leading refresher courses tailored to the roles and responsibilities of the other members of the firm who work with our professionals on a daily basis.
Before joining Lavery, Nathalie Roy was recognized in the legal community for her contribution to Éducaloi as a founding member. She was Executive Director of this organization from 2000 to 2017. Under Nathalie's leadership, the Éducaloi team developed solid expertise in plain legal language and took concrete action to raise awareness in the legal community of this concept and the need to integrate it into the legal practice. Nathalie also convinced different stakeholders to work together to support the cause of accessible legal information, produced by lawyers, and available online.
Nathalie's non-traditional career began as a freelancer, exploring the various aspects of legal work. In 1992, she took the initiative of developing and leading a number of legal education activities for teenagers. Afterwards, she held a series of positions, as a journalist at the Journal du Barreau and the former Presse juridique, as an ad hoc assistant Syndic within her professional order, and as director of the legal department at CPAVIH, and she is also involved in the work of a joint committee of the bars of Quebec City and Montreal and the judiciary dealing with delays in the courts.
From 1997 to 2000, she held the position of Assistant in the Office of the Bâtonnier du Québec, where she developed the idea that was to become Éducaloi.
As a communicator, a passionate speaker and a sought-after facilitator, Nathalie Roy has been a constant presence at conferences and round tables organized by a variety of actors in the field of justice, both here and outside Quebec.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of the Commission de formation et de recherche of the École nationale de police du Québec (2016-present)
- Member of the Forum québécois sur l’accès à la justice civile et familiale (2015-2016)
- Treasurer and Vice-president of Public Legal Education in Canada (2007-2010)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Young Bar of Montreal (1994-1997)
- Award of Merit of the Barreau du Québec for her involvement in advocating for justice and for her social commitment (2014)
- Lawyer Emeritus of the Barreau du Québec (2014)
- Honorary life member of the Young Bar of Montreal (2010)
- Chosen as the “Socially Responsible Young Quebec Business Leader” in the ARISTA BMO Bank of Montreal competition (2006)
- Certification in project management, Université Laval, 2007
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 1991
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 1989