Nathalie Roy is the Project Manager, Training and Skills Development.
She is in charge of content of training provided for the professionals at the firm, both when they join Lavery and during their time with the firm. She coordinates the continuing education program, aligning it with the firm’s areas of practice, and ensures that it is reviewed and updated regularly.
She is also responsible for adapting, organizing, coordinating and leading refresher courses tailored to the roles and responsibilities of the other members of the firm who work with our professionals on a daily basis.
After articling with a private firm, Nathalie chose a non-traditional practice and became a freelance in order to explore the various aspects of legal work. In 1992, she took the initiative in developing and leading a number of legal education activities for teenagers. After that, she held a series of positions, as a journalist at the Journal du Barreau and the former Presse juridique, as an ad hoc assistant Syndic within her professional order, and as director of the legal department at CPAVIH, and she is also involved in the work of a joint committee of the bars of Quebec City and Montreal and the judiciary dealing with delays in the courts.
From 1997 to 2000, she held the position of Assistant in the Office of the Bâtonnier du Québec, where she developed the idea that was to become Éducaloi, of which she was a founding member. She held the position of Executive Director of the organization from 2000 to 2017.
As a communicator, a passionate speaker and a sought-after facilitator, Nathalie Roy has been a constant presence at conferences and round tables organized by a variety of actors in the field of justice, both here and outside Quebec.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of the Commission de formation et de recherche of the École nationale de police du Québec (2016-present)
- Member of the Forum québécois sur l’accès à la justice civile et familiale (2015-2016)
- Treasurer and Vice-president of Public Legal Education in Canada (2007-2010)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Young Bar of Montreal (1994-1997)
- Award of Merit of the Barreau du Québec for her involvement in advocating for justice and for her social commitment (2014)
- Lawyer Emeritus of the Barreau du Québec (2014)
- Honorary life member of the Young Bar of Montreal (2010)
- Chosen as the “Socially Responsible Young Quebec Business Leader” in the ARISTA BMO Bank of Montreal competition (2006)
- Certification in project management, Université Laval, 2007
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 1991
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 1989