Blanche Fournier is a lawyer in the litigtion group. She practices primarily in civil and commercial litigation. In particular, she is involved in several collective class action cases. She also practices in the areas of labour and health law and social services.
Ms. Fournier joined the Lavery team in 2018 after completing her articles. She holds a Bachelor of Law degree, internship program, from the Université de Sherbrooke.
During her legal studies, Blanche had the opportunity to take part in two professional internships in major financial institutions and in a law firm practising in civil litigation. She has also tutored new law students.
- Blanche Fournier, " Comment on the decision Center for Gender Advocacy c. Attorney General of Quebec – Transgenres, non-binaires, intersexués : comment intégrer les nuances requises dans l’appareil de l’état civil ? ", Repères, April 2021, EYB2021REP3261
- Marie-Nancy Paquet and Blanche Fournier, " Comment on the decision Truchon c. Procureur général du Canada – Faut-il être mourant pour avoir le droit d’être aidé à mourir ? ", Repères, September 2020, EYB2020REP3139
- Marie-Nancy Paquet and Blanche Fournier, " Pandémie et contrats : conséquences pour les établissements ", Le point santé, April 2020
- Danielle Gauthier, Dave Bouchard and Blanche Fournier, "The Court of Appeal sets the record straight on applications for assignment of costs", March 13, 2018
- Award of Excellence from the Faculty of Law of the Université de Sherbrooke (2017)
- Selected for the Dean’s Honor Roll of the Faculty of Law of the Université de Sherbrooke (2014-2015) (2015-2016) (2016-2017)
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 2017