Renaud Gravel joined Lavery as a student in 2018 and is currently doing his articles with the firm. He will be working in the sectors of labour and employment law, administrative law and litigation.
During his studies, Renaud was very involved as a volunteer in the Faculty of Law at the Université du Québec à Montréal. He was the vice-president for the first year students of the Association des étudiant-e-s en droit de l’UQAM, and planned various activities for his peers. He also worked at the Clinique juridique corporative de l’UQAM as a clinician. In addition, Renaud was the chair of the Business Law Committee at UQAM, and on the Executive Committee of the Law Students Section of the Canadian Bar Association.
Renaud feels strongly about diversity and inclusion and, for more than two years, was on the executive committee of Fier Départ/Start Proud as chair of the Montreal section. The purpose of this organization is to facilitate the transition from university to career of LGBTQ+ students and young professionals.
- Co-author, with Stéphanie Destrempes, of “Franchising in Quebec”, written for The Franchise Voice, published by the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA).
- LL.B., Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), expected in 2019
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Chair, Fier Départ/Start Proud Montréal, 2016-2019.
- Chair, Business Law Committee of UQAM, 2017-2019.
- Representative of UQAM, Canadian Bar Association, 2017-2018.