Gabrielle Mathieu is a member of the Litigation and Conflict Resolution group and the Distribution of Financial Products and Services subgroup.
Gabrielle joined the Lavery team in 2018 as a student and articled with the firm. During her studies, she was involved in the Women and Law Committee and in the Mediation Clinic of the Université de Montréal. She also assisted two Superior Court judges during an internship for her bachelor’s degree.
Before entering law school, Gabrielle studied art history, specializing in modern sculpture and architecture. She has taught in various colleges, worked in the field of digital publishing and was a young consultant for a project to preserve and enhance built heritage.
- “Bill 141:Checklist on insurance products offered via the internet and distribution without a representative,” February 13, 2020
- “Heffel Gallery Limited: The National Importance of Foreign Art in Canada,” June 3, 2019
- Projets et utopies au Québec. Les années 1960 et 1970 : entre sculpture et architecture, Master's thesis, December 2014
Professional and community activities
- Director, 2017–2018, L’imprimerie, artists’ centre
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2019
- M.A., Art History, Université de Montréal, 2014
- B.A., Art History, Université de Montréal, 2011