Antoine Motulsky is a partner in the Litigation and Conflict Resolution Group. He is specialized in civil and commercial litigation and private international law. He advises and represents public and private corporations, individuals, shareholders, entrepreneurs and organizations in relation to their national and international businesses and disputes in the areas of transportation, energy, franchising, construction, manufacturing, insurance and the arts.
Antoine Motulsky is a partner in the Litigation and Conflict Resolution Group. He is specialized in commercial litigation and private international law. He advises and represents public and private corporations, shareholders and entrepreneurs operating in the field of transportation, energy, insurance and the arts. He holds substantial experience in Products Liability, Franchise Law and Distribution of Financial Products and Services.
Me Motulsky has prepared and pleaded in provisional measures proceedings and injunctions, liability actions, commercial arbitrations, complex litigations and applications for recognition of foreign judgments and arbitral awards, for clients from Quebec and elsewhere in Canada, the US and abroad. He has appeared before all of the courts of Quebec and before commercial arbitrators.
Me Motulsky has taught the general course on Private International Law and the seminar on Dispute Resolution in Private and International Law at the Faculty of Law of Université Laval. He holds degrees in both civil law and common law from McGill University.
In 2019, he has been elected as a member of the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (FDCC).
- Antoine Motulsky, “Les moyens préliminaires au nouveau Code de procédure civile : une réforme discrète du droit d’agir en justice”, in Sylvette Guillemard, ed., Le Code de procédure civile : Quelles nouveautés?, Yvon Blais, Montréal, Éditions Yvon Blais, 2016.
- Antoine Motulsky-Falardeau, “Les aspects historiques de la qualification de la prescription en droit international privé”, (2014) C. de D. 829.
- Antoine Motulsky-Falardeau, “Le délai de prescription applicable à l’exécution d’une sentence arbitrale étrangère au Québec ”, master’s thesis under the direction of Professor Alain Prujiner, Université Laval, 2014, Winner of the Henri-Capitant Award.
- “La prescription en droit international privé : jugements et sentences”, presentation to the International Section of the Quebec Branch of the Canadian Bar Association, May 18, 2017.
- “Conflicts of Laws Within Conflicts of Jurisdiction: Uncharted Legal Territory in International Arbitration”, presentation to the McGill Arbitration Student Society, October 5, 2015.
- “Le délai de prescription applicable à l’exécution d’une sentence arbitrale étrangère au Québec”, presentation at the Summer Seminars of the Paul-André Crépeau Centre for Private and Comparative Law of the McGill University Faculty of Law, June 9, 2015.
Professional and community activities
- Quebec Bar, arbitrator for the lawyers’ fees statutory committee (Comité sur l’arbitrage des comptes d’honoraires des avocats), nominated in 2019.
- Montreal Bar, member of the Illegal Practice Committee, from 2013 to 2019.
- Canadian Bar Association, Quebec Branch, International Section, member of the executive committee since 2017, president of the executive committee since 2019.
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (FDCC), member since 2019.
- Centre de recherche sur la Justice et le règlement des conflits, Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, member since 2014.
- Henri Capitant Award, Henri Capitant Association – Quebec Section, 2015
- Quebec Bar Prize and Montreal Bar Prize (best team), McGill University, 2002
- Special final jury award, Charles Rousseau competition, 2001
- Best Closing Argument, Sopinka Cup competition, 2000
- Master of Law, Laval University, 2015
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2003
- Bachelor of Common Law, McGill University, 2003
- Bachelor of Civil Law, McGill University, 2002
- Bachelor of Music, Université de Montréal, 1998
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association, Quebec Branch, International Section, member of the executive committee, since 2017