Valérie Marceau Milhomme is a member of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution group. She focuses her practice on civil liability, professional liability and insurance law.
Before joining Lavery, Me Marceau Milhomme worked at the Ministère de la Justice du Québec,where she was appointed by the Associate Chief Justice of the Superior Court and by ministerial order as a special clerk and bankruptcy registrar. As part of her duties, she analyzed civil and commercial cases, heard cases under her jurisdiction and rendered judgments. In addition, she practised in non-litigious matters as part of applications for the homologation of protection mandates and the institution of protective supervision.
Me Marceau Milhomme also worked for a private mortgage financing company as head of the litigation division, where she developed extensive knowledge of banking, real estate and construction law.
Me Marceau Milhomme is very involved in her community. She made her contribution in CHSLD during the Covid-19 crisis, in addition to being an active member of a volunteer association in her region, aimed at helping seniors in lockdown and those in financial difficulty. She also serves as advisor and spokesperson for the Société d'Arthrite in the committee "Défense de la cause", a committee dedicated to advocating on behalf of those affected by arthritis.
Me Marceau Milhomme practises her profession with determination, rigour and thoroughness, using these qualities to protect her clients’ interests.
- Service assistance "Je contribue", CIUSSSCN/CHSLD de l'Hôpital Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, May to August 2020
- Volunteer of the association "Bénévole Côte-de-Beaupré", since April 2020
- Volunteer at the Seniors' Residence "Les Jardins de la Côte", since April 2020
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Université Laval, 2016
- Diploma of College Studies (D.C.S) in Paralegal Technology, Collège François-Xavier Garneau, 2013
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the committee "Défense de la cause" of the Société de l'Arthrite since June 2020