Laurence joined Lavery in 2019 and is currently doing her articles for the Bar with the firm, focusing primarily on business law and intellectual property. During her legal studies, she got involved, among other things, as an intern at the Mile End Legal Clinic, working in the areas of labour and employment law, and litigation.
Before starting her legal education, Laurence developed expertise in communications and worked for a post-production studio specializing in advertising, dubbing and original music composition. She is still active in the Montreal cultural community, primarily as the co-director of a theatre company.
In addition, Laurence has a keen interest in social, technological and legal innovation in the agri-food industry, primarily through her involvement in various publications.
- “Viande in vitro : l’éleveur du futur porte un sarrau blanc,” Caribou, January 2019
- “Blockchain & the Agri-Food Industry: Natural Allies?”, annual conference of the Canadian Association for Food Law and Policy, November 2019
Professional and community activities
- Law student intern, Mile End Legal Clinic, 2018-2019
- Writer/editor, Bouffisme, since 2017
- Co-founder, Théâtre des Trompes (NPO), since 2015
- Bachelor of Laws, Université de Montréal, expected to graduate in 2019
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication and History, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2014
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Vice President, Sponsorship, Comité Perspectives of the Faculty of Law of the Université de Montréal, 2018-2019