Laurence A. Clavet is a member of the firm's Business Law Group and practises primarily in transactional and commercial law. As a member of the GO Inc., Program she assists many entrepreneurs and start-ups.
Me Clavet joined the Lavery team in 2019 after completing her articling, which focused on Business and Intellectual Property Law. During his studies in law, Me Clavet was notably involved in the Legal Clinic of the Mile End and worked in the fields of Labour and employment Law, as well as litigation.
Before starting her legal education, Me Clavet developed expertise in communications and worked for a post-production studio specializing in advertising, dubbing and original music composition. She is still active in the Montreal cultural community, primarily as the co-director of a theatre company.
In addition, Me Clavet has a keen interest in social, technological and legal innovation in the agri-food industry, primarily through her involvement in various publications.
- “Viande in vitro : l’éleveur du futur porte un sarrau blanc,” Caribou, January 2019
- “Blockchain & the Agri-Food Industry: Natural Allies?”, annual conference of the Canadian Association for Food Law and Policy, November 2019
Professional and community activities
- Law student intern, Mile End Legal Clinic, 2018-2019
- Writer/editor, Bouffisme, since 2017
- Co-founder, Théâtre des Trompes (NPO), since 2015
- Bachelor of Laws, Université de Montréal, 2019
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication and History, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2014
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Vice President, Sponsorship, Comité Perspectives of the Faculty of Law of the Université de Montréal, 2018-2019