Philippe joined Lavery as a student in 2021 and will be articling at the firm in 2022. He is currently pursuing his law degree at Laval University at the same time as completing a Certificate in Public Communication.
During his studies, Philippe acted as Vice President Finance for the Law Students Association. He also founded and chaired the Université Laval Chess Club, whose mission is to make the practice of this timeless game more accessible.
Recently, Philippe had the opportunity to put his legal skills and knowledge to use by representing his university at the 43rd Pierre-Basile-Mignault Moot Court Competition, where he focused on a fictional litigation case dealing with contract law and civil liability.
At the moment, Philippe is currently working with an associate professor as a research assistant in information, communication and technology law.
Professional and community activities
- Université Laval Chess Club, 2018–2021, Founding President
- Le Verdict student newspaper, 2019–2020, Vice President Finance & Editor
- LL.B., Université Laval, expected in 2021
- Certificate in Public Communication, Université Laval, expected in 2021
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Université Laval Law Students Association, 2020–2021, Vice President Finance & treasurer