Sophie Gauvin-Sasseville is a lawyer in our Litigation group, specializing in insurance law, civil liability and professional liability. She represents, among others, insurers, financial institutions, contractors and pre-purchase inspectors. Her experience and practice have led her to assist clients throughout the judicial process and plead regularly before the civil courts of law.
Ms. Gauvin-Sasseville is also involved in her community. Since 2015, she has served on the Board of Directors of the Association des professionnels en assurance de l’Estrie (APAE).
Ms. Gauvin-Sasseville additionally gives training courses in her fields of expertise.
- Representation of several insurers and contractors as defendants in civil liability claims
- Representation of several pre-purchase inspectors as defendants in professional liability claims
- Drafting of numerous complex legal opinions on insurance coverage and the insurer’s duty to defend
Lectures and training courses
- “La responsabilité professionnelle de l'inspecteur préachat – le contenu obligationnel du rapport” (professional liability of pre-purchase inspectors – mandatory report contents), mandatory training given to all members of the Association des inspecteurs en bâtiment du Québec, 2021
- “Les assurances et le cautionnement dans le domaine de la construction” (insurance and suretyship in the construction industry), talk given to a private company, 2021
- LL.B, Université de Sherbrooke, 2011
- Bachelor of Pharmacology, Université de Sherbrooke, 2008
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Association des professionnels en assurance de l’Estrie (APAE)