Valérie Boucher is a partner in Lavery’s Business law group. She has acted in various share and asset sales and acquisitions and played an important role in the reorganization of numerous small, medium, and large businesses.
She also represents entrepreneurs and investors in the acquisition of interests in private issuers and advises entrepreneurs on various legal issues related to their businesses.
Ms. Boucher drafts and negotiates commercial agreements of all kinds, including subscription agreements, shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, joint ventures and strategic alliances, confidentiality agreements, service contracts, as well as stock option plans for private companies.
Ms. Boucher also has in-depth knowledge of the law governing the various types of trust and authored the 20th fascicule of the encyclopedia JurisClasseur Québec - Biens et publicité des droits, published by LexisNexis, dealing with the Québec law of trust, also individually published in the Thema Collection of JuriClasseur Québec.
Finally, Ms. Boucher advises non-profit organizations on various legal issues and participates in their creation.
- Draft and negociate letters of intent and final agreements for share and asset sales and acquisitions
- Counsel Gesca Ltd. in connection with the sale of regional newspapers to Le Groupe Capitales Médias Inc.
- Counsel Propriétés numériques Square Victoria Inc. in connection with the sale of w.illi.am/ (a digital agency) to Valtech
- Counsel a road transport company in connection with various business acquisitions in that industry
- Represent sellers in the sale of a controlling interest in a technology company in the pharmaceutical industry to Novacap Technologies III
- Participate in the acquisition of the Montréal Canadiens hockey franchise, the Bell Centre, and related companies by a group of investors headed by the Molson brothers
- Counsel start-up companies seeking financing from venture capital firms and angel investors
- Counsel shareholders of private companies on the conclusion of shareholder agreements
- Counsel the buyer in a shareholder buyout
- Implement limited partnerships for a company in the health care sector
- Draft legal documentation for an estate freeze and create a family trust (in the context of an inter-generational business transfer)
- Draft commercial agreements, adapting them to the needs of corporations (general terms and conditions of purchase or sale, service contracts, etc.) for use in the course of business operations
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 1999
- B.C.L., LL.B., With Great Distinction, McGill University, 1997
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Secretary of Finance Montréal – Québec’s financial cluster, since its creation in November 2010
- Member of the board of directors of the Société Alzheimer Rive-Sud, 2010 to 2016
- Member of the board of directors of the Centre de prévention de la violence familiale Générations, 2005 to 2009