Guy Lemay is a counsel with extensive experience as a litigator and negotiator in the fields of class actions, employment and labour relations, civil and commercial litigation, pensions, and benefits.
Mr. Lemay represents only companies and organizations, which regularly retain his services to deal with problematic situations.
Since the 1990s, Mr. Lemay has expanded the scope of his professional activities to include class actions, acting exclusively for the defence. He has represented clients in more than forty class actions, many of which were national or international in scope.
He was involved in the “Duplessis Orphans” action, and has also been involved in actions against automobile manufacturers for manufacturing defects, life insurance companies for misrepresentations, and in class actions related to anti-trust, pension, consumer protection, environment, etc.
By virtue of his fields of expertise, Mr. Lemay appears before the Superior Court and the Court of Appeal of Quebec, the Federal Court, and the Supreme Court of Canada, in addition to many provincial and federal administrative tribunals.
Through his experience, he has developed in-depth knowledge of the different problems faced by companies and knows how to apply effective and proven solutions. He is also regularly sought after for his services as legal counsel and as an expert in business policies and ethics.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada in the areas of Class Action Litigation and Labour and Employment Law, since 2006
- The Canadian Legal LEXPERT® Directory in the area of class actions, 2009-2017
- « Best Lawyers’ 2014 Lawyers of the Year in Montreal » by Best Lawyers Lawyers in the field of class actions, 2014
- LL.L., Université de Montréal, 1965
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 1966
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ordre des CRHA et CRIA du Québec (Certified Industrial Relations Counsellor (CIRC))
- Canadian Pension and Benefits Institute
- Chairman of the Remuneration Committee for Criminal and Penal Prosecutors