André Paquette is a partner in the Business law group. His practice encompasses numerous areas of corporate law and focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, business financing, and corporate structuring, including non-share capital corporations and not-for-profit organizations.
Drawing on his extensive expertise, experience, and business acumen, Mr. Paquette advises and assists Canadian and foreign companies in the legal aspects of sales and acquisitions of businesses and other strategic commercial transactions and operations, helping them to achieve their objectives while adopting a risk management strategy in line with their specific circumstances.
- Advise the buyer in the acquisition of a Canadian manufacturer of precision machined parts for the aircraft industry
- Advise Hachette Distribution Services (Canada) in the acquisition of a Québec food products distributor
- Member of the legal team that advised the buyer in the acquisition of the Montréal Canadiens and the Bell Centre
- Advise the buyer in the acquisition of a shareholder’s interest in a software development firm
- Advise a research and development centre in successive funding rounds and various agreements with strategic partners
- Legal counsel in the context of acquisitions and reorganizations in the financial services industry
- Advise L’Aréna des Canadiens Inc. in the acquisition of Spectra, promoter of the Montréal International Jazz Festival, the Francofolies de Montréal, and the Montréal en lumières festival
- Advise GDI Integrated Facility Services, a Canadian leader in facility services, in its first expansion into the United States and various acquisitions in Canada
- Advise Lagardère Services in the reorganization of its retail operations and the distribution of printed materials in Canada
Professional and community activities
- Former chair of the Finance committee of the Château Ramezay
- B.C.L. and LL.B., McGill University, 1989
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- American Bar Association, business law section