Michel Gélinas is a partner and a member of our Labour and employment law group. He initially worked in the fields of civil liability and employment, but went on to devote his practice exclusively to Labour and employment law for clients in Québec and elsewhere in Canada.
He represents and advises companies on questions related to labour and employment law and has extensive experience appearing before civil courts and administrative tribunals in these fields.
Over the years, Mr. Gélinas has developed a seasoned expertise in matters pertaining to charters governing human rights and freedoms, union certification, and grievance arbitration, under both the Québec and the Canada Labour Codes, serving private and public corporations as well as parapublic organizations. On behalf of employers, he regularly negotiates collective agreement.
Known for his common sense and strategic skills, he is in great demand with the heads of national and international corporations dealing with issues related to restructuring, outsourcing, and mergers.
He is often asked to advise employers regarding the implementation of effective management and employee communication strategies.
Mr. Gélinas often makes presentations to the firm's clients and employer associations.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada in the field of Labour and Employment Law, since 2011
- The Canadian Legal LEXPERT® Directory in the fields of Labour Law and Workplace human rights, since 2017
- Chambers Global legal directory in the Employment & Labour (Canada) category, 2013
- LL.L., Université de Montréal, 1976
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Employment Law Alliance (ELA)
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE)
Read the publication