Areas of practice
Jean Boulet focuses his practice on labour law, collective bargaining, as well as occupational health and safety law, serving medium and large businesses and organizations in the private and public sectors. He was also a member of the Board of Directors of the firm from 2015 to 2017.
In addition to his professional activities, Mr. Boulet is very active in the community, frequently leading business and philanthropic initiatives. He has been president of the Chambre de commerce et d'industries de Trois-Rivières, chair of the Fondation du Centre hospitalier régional de Trois-Rivières, and Vice-President of the Trois-Rivières Port Authority. He currently chairs the Board of directors of Centraide Mauricie. In recent years, he has been invited to speak by various organizations and associations.
Mr. Boulet completed his articling with the Court of Appeal of Québec before working in private practice as well as for an international corporation. He also completed negotiation seminars at Harvard University. He is a member of the Barreau du Québec, the Canadian Bar Association, and the Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés. A partner with a national firm for 20 years, Mr. Boulet joined Lavery’s Trois-Rivières office in 2014.
- BOULET, J., “The right to Return to Work after an Employment Injury”, in Even More Questions Frequently Asked in Quebec Labour & Employment Law, Toronto, Thomson Carswell, 2008, pp. 10-1 to 10-18
- Program of Instruction for Lawyers, Harvard University, 1993
- LL.B., Université Laval, 1982
- B.A. (history and economics), Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières, 1979
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés
- Chair of the Board of directors, Centraide Mauricie
- Co-chair, Major donations section, Campaign cabinet of the Fondation de l’Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Member of the Chambre de commerce et d'industries de Trois-Rivières
- Member of AMEQ Mauricie-Centre du Québec
News/Press release by Jean Boulet
- Jean Boulet , Danielle Gauthier and Carl Lessard